- The agent helps you focus your search and analyze the market.
- The agent arranges for you to view homes for sale and accompanies you on your visit.
- The agent coordinates all aspects of the transaction, from presenting the offer to arranging for inspections.
- The agent presents the offer to the seller and helps negotiate your purchase.
- Unless you have hired an agent yourself, you don`t pay for the agent`s services; the seller does.
- You house hunt on your own time, doing your own research on market conditions and housing types available.
- You make your own arrangements with listing agents or sellers to see homes for sale.
- You`re in charge of the transaction, so you should educate yourself on relevant federal and state laws or sales regulations governing your purchase before you negotiate.
- You arrange for specific services, such as legal advice in drafting a purchase contract or calling in home inspectors.
- You move your own paperwork through the transaction.
- You pay for any agent services you decide you need, such as help in negotiating a contract.